Results tagged ‘ Wall of Honor ’
Today we announced plans for several new additions to Miller Park in 2014, including something I am personally psyched about: the arrival of AJ Bombers. The popular restaurant and bar – with locations in Milwaukee and Madison – will occupy the outside space formerly known as the Plaza Pavilion, along the west side of Miller Park near the right-field gate.
AJ Bombers will offer cheeseburgers, egg rolls, tater tots, shakes, custards, specialty concrete mixers and more. The menu will also include homestand specials, such as city-themed burgers as well as player-favorite burgers. Their Milwaukee Burger was declared winner of the Travel Channel’s FOOD WARS.
You may have noticed that we teased this announcement this morning in conjunction with our #SeeUMarch31 countdown to Opening Day across our social platforms:
This was fitting as we really will see them here at Miller Park on March 31!
Can’t wait? Look for AJ Bombers at Brewers On Deck this weekend! Rumor has it they might be handing out samples…
Additional new upgrades at Miller Park include an expansion of the Brewers Team Store by Majestic, a new Authentics Kiosk for game-used merchandise, the installation of approximately 150 flat screen televisions throughout the concourses, and more. These projects are in addition to the previously announced “Brewers Wall of Honor,” the redevelopment of the Toyota Territory and a new Bob Uecker statue in “The Last Row.”
“It’s been a busy winter at Miller Park, and we’re excited to continue with our recent enhancements and construction projects as we focus on delivering the best fan experience possible,” said Brewers Chief Operating Officer Rick Schlesinger.“We are only a little more than two months out from Opening Day, and the activity inside Miller Park reminds us of that every day.”
Details about the new additions and projects at Miller Park include the following:
Brewers Team Store by Majestic Expansion
- The Brewers Team Store by Majestic, located in Miller Park’s Hot Corner, will undergo a 300-square foot expansion which will accommodate a larger footprint for “Brewed for Her” merchandise and apparel. The Brewers Team Store by Majestic is open Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m.
Toyota Territory Redevelopment
- The Toyota Territory in right-center field will undergo a redevelopment from a private group amenity to a destination open to all fans in attendance at Miller Park. The renovated Toyota Territory will convert what was previously a 24-person private group space into an area capable of entertaining over 100 fans. At 1,493 square feet, the Toyota Territory will offer a unique view to take in a game.
- The “Brewers Wall of Honor” will commemorate Milwaukee Brewers players, coaches and executives who played prominent roles with the organization. The Wall of Honor will be a permanent exhibit on an exterior Miller Park wall adjacent to the Hot Corner entrance. Honorees will be recognized with a bronze plaque affixed to the wall, with their image and a brief synopsis of their Milwaukee baseball career etched onto the marker. The plaques are designed by Matthews International, designers of the plaques for the National Baseball Hall of Fame.The Wall will be unveiled in June.
- Unlike the statues that surround Miller Park’s Home Plate Plaza, the new Bob Uecker statue will be in the last row of the Terrace Level at Miller Park. The statue will pay tribute to the popular Miller Lite “All Stars” ad campaign which featured Uecker’s famous tagline, “I must be in the front row.” The statue will sit atop the Uecker Seats in Miller Park’s Terrace Level (Section 422), and will feature an open seat next to it, allowing for a perfect photo opportunity. The state was designed by Brian Maughan, the artist of the four statues outside Miller Park on the Home Plate Plaza.The Uecker Statue will be unveiled on April 25.
Brewers Authentics Kiosk
- Fabrication of a new custom portable millwork display for the Brewers Authentics Collection (game-used items) will be added in 2014. The Authentics kiosk will be placed along the first base side of the Field Level concourse behind the Klement’s Grand Slam Grill. Follow @MILAuthentics on Twitter for updates on the latest game-used merchandise available!
- The installation of approximately 150 flat screen televisions throughout the Miller Park concourses will replace existing CRT televisions, and will provide fans with the HD feed of the game.
- Three flag poles (one 25-foot flag pole and two 20-foot flag poles) will be installed on the landing behind Section 238, which is located beyond the left-center field wall. The American flag will fly on the 25-foot flag pole, while the Wisconsin State flag and a Brewers flag will fly on the 20-foot flag poles.
East Lot Tailgate Pavilions
- The East Lot Tailgate Pavilions will be refurbished with new wood fascia and signage.
Also on the construction front, the home clubhouse will undergo some minor renovations, including the addition of three lockers in the coaches’ locker room and an expansion of the players’ dining room area. Other improvements to Miller Park include updates to the executive office lobby, new flooring in the Brewers Team Store at the Home Plate Gate, the replacement of grow lights throughout Miller Park and the installation of a fire suppression system in the scoreboard control room and IT server room. In addition, the infield and outfield playing surface was replaced with new sod in October.
The Toyota Territory, Brewers Team Store by Majestic expansion and Authentics Collection kiosk was designed by Uihlein-Wilson Architects. Design work for AJ Bombers was handled by Flux Design.
The Milwaukee Brewers today announced plans for the creation of the “Brewers Wall of Honor” in 2014 at Miller Park. The Wall of Honor will commemorate Milwaukee Brewers players, coaches and executives who meet a set criteria based on service to the club and/or career accomplishments.
The Wall of Honor will be a permanent exhibit on an exterior Miller Park wall next to the Hot Corner entrance. Honorees will be recognized with a bronze plaque affixed to the wall, with their image and a brief synopsis of their Milwaukee baseball career etched onto the marker.
The plaques are designed by Matthews International, designers of the plaques for the National Baseball Hall of Fame as well as the plaques on the Milwaukee Braves Wall of Honor at Miller Park. I have seen some renderings of the plaques and they look amazing. This will be a great addition to Miller Park and will give a nostalgic look at some of our favorite players in team history.
“The Wall of Honor is designed to honor the many individuals who either spent a significant portion of their career with the Brewers, or have a significant legacy with the organization through various achievements,” said Brewers Chief Operating Officer Rick Schlesinger. “It’s designed as a complement to our Miller Park Walk of Fame, as well as our statues.”
Individuals who meet any of the following criteria during their time with the Milwaukee Brewers organization will be inducted into the Wall of Honor:
- 2,000 or more plate appearances
- 1,000 or more innings pitched
- 250 appearances as a pitcher
- Winner of a major award (MVP, Cy Young, Rookie of the Year, or Fireman of the Year)
- Manager of a pennant-winning team
- Individuals memorialized with statues on the Miller Park Plaza
- Members of the National Baseball Hall of Fame who played for or managed the Brewers
Currently, there are 58 persons who meet the above criteria. This group of 58 will be recognized on the Brewers Wall of Honor during the 2014 season with an induction ceremony at Miller Park, scheduled for Friday, June 13. Honorees and their guests (as well as representatives of those who are deceased) will be invited to attend the unveiling ceremonies, as well as recognized during a program on the field prior to the game.
In addition to the 58 members of the inaugural class, there are seven active players in Major League Baseball that meet the criteria. Upon retirement, players who meet the criteria will be added annually to the Wall of Honor.
The complete list of players who will grace the Brewers Wall of Honor at the unveiling ceremony in June of 2014 is as follows:
- Hank Aaron
- Jerry Augustine
- Sal Bando
- Chris Bosio
- Johnny Briggs
- Jeromy Burnitz
- Mike Caldwell
- Bill Castro
- Jeff Cirillo
- Jim Colborn
- Cecil Cooper
- Craig Counsell
- Chuck Crim
- Rob Deer
- Cal Eldred
- Mike Fetters
- Rollie Fingers
- Jim Gantner
- Moose Haas
- Bill Hall
- Darryl Hamilton
- Teddy Higuera
- John Jaha
- Geoff Jenkins
- Harvey Kuenn
- Sixto Lezcano
- Pat Listach
- Mark Loretta
- Davey May
- Bob McClure
- Paul Molitor
- Don Money
- Charlie Moore
- Jaime Navarro
- Dave Nilsson
- Ben Oglivie
- Dan Plesac
- Darrell Porter
- Ken Sanders
- George Scott
- Kevin Seitzer
- Bud Selig
- Richie Sexson
- Ben Sheets
- Ted Simmons
- Jim Slaton
- B.J. Surhoff
- Don Sutton
- Gorman Thomas
- Bill Travers
- Bob Uecker
- Jose Valentin
- Greg Vaughn
- Fernando Vina
- Pete Vukovich
- Bill Wegman
- Bob Wickman
- Robin Yount
John Axford, Ryan Braun, Prince Fielder, Yovani Gallardo, J.J. Hardy, Corey Hart and Rickie Weeks are the seven active players that, as of today, qualify for induction into the Wall of Honor following their retirement. Active players closing in on the thresholds include Jonathan Lucroy and Carlos Gomez.
Further details about the ceremony on June 13, 2014 will be announced at a later date.