Results tagged ‘ Twitter ’
Happy New Year, Brewers fans!
The new year brings with it a new season and, a new countdown to Opening Day, Monday, March 31 when your Brewers take on the Atlanta Braves at 1:10pm at Miller Park.
As you know, Opening Day is practically a holiday in Milwaukee and looking forward to it helps us all get through the long, cold Wisconsin winter.
As of today (Friday, January 3), we’re just 87 days away from kicking off the 2014 season at Miller Park.
Last year, we had fun coming up with countdown images across our various social media platforms:
We also asked you to show us how you were counting down for a chance to win Opening Day tickets…. And we loved your creativity so much that this year, we’re hoping to rely on you to show us how you’re counting down each day. One Grand Prize winner will be selected to be in the crowd on March 31, plus receive a pair of Brewers 10-Packs!
Here’s how it works:
Join us in our #SeeUMarch31 countdown by creating original photo(s) showing how you count down to the Brewers Home Opener each day leading up to it. For example, Tuesday, January 7 is 83 days until Opening Day. Fans submitting their photos showing their “83” by 5pm CT the day prior (Monday, January 6) will be eligible to have theirs selected as the one we post across all of our social media channels on Tuesday, January 7. Simply tag your entries on Instagram and/or Twitter using hashtag #SeeUMarch31.
Each day, we’ll select our favorite and post it across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Google Plus and Tumblr, giving you credit, of course!
Just before Opening Day, each of the daily winners will be eligible to win the Grand Prize—a pair of Brewers 10-Packs plus Opening Day tickets!
I can’t wait to see what you all come up with!
Major League Baseball’s most popular players will square off once again as fans decide which player from all 30 MLB clubs best represents the league in MLB Network’s second “Face of MLB” competition. Starting yesterday, MLB Network has set out to find the Face of MLB by creating a bracket-style tournament with results determined by fans on Twitter. Results will be announced each weekday morning on MLB Network’s offseason morning show Hot Stove at 8:00 a.m. CT.
In the “Face of the Franchise” preliminary round, fans can nominate a player candidate from each of the 30 MLB clubs by voting on Twitter with the player’s name and #FaceofCLUBNAME (so cast your vote for your favorite Brewer by using #FaceofBREWERS). MLB Network has created a bracket that seeds clubs against each other based on how they finished the 2013 season and beginning January 21, Hot Stove will ask fans to vote on Twitter each day and decide a winner for the day’s head-to-head player matchup until the Face of MLB is determined.
Fans voted more than 1.6 million times in the first Face of MLB competition, revealing emerging MLB stars including Jason Heyward, Jason Kipnis and Andrew McCutchen up against veterans like Derek Jeter, Paul Konerko and Dustin Pedroia. Nearly 700,000 votes were cast for the final round in which Cincinnati Reds MVP first baseman Joey Votto was named the Face of MLB after edging out Los Angeles Dodgers All-Star outfielder Matt Kemp.
In case you’ve missed it, this week, we’re taking our rivalry with the Twins to social media, where we’ve been engaging in some fun Twitter Tug-of-Wars and, most recently a “Follow Off”.
What’s a Follow Off, you ask?
Starting in pregame yesterday, we, along with the Twins, submitted the number of followers we have on the @Brewers and @Twins Twitter accounts. From that time through the end of tonight’s game, we’re holding a running tally.
The team that gains the most followers in this span of time will reward their fans by giving away a prize.
If the Twins win, they’ll give away a Joe Mauer autographed bat to one lucky follower and if we win, we’ll give away an Aramis Ramirez game-worn jersey from Opening Day to one of our followers.
Currently, we’re trailing just slightly behind the Twins, but I’m confident that Brewers fans will rise to this challenge.
So, for the rest of the day through tonight’s game, make sure you follow the Brewers on Twitter if you aren’t already and encourage your fans to do the same. Also, don’t forget to tune in to tonight’s broadcast and follow @FSWisconsin for updates on the competition.
Beginning today, fans can enter to win a private Nike shopping experience with Brewers pitcher John Axford at the Brewers Team Store, plus tickets, autographed items and more. Read on.
All you have to do is take a photo of yourself wearing your best Brewers Nike gear and post it to Twitter and/or Instagram using #BrewersShowIt–and that’s it, you’re entered!
Fans have until 11:59pm CT on next Wednesday, May 29 to submit their photos.
There will be 45 winners for this fun opportunity:
- Nine Grand Prize winners will receive access to a private 20 minute meet and greet experience in the Brewers Team Store with Brewers pitcher John Axford, plus a 30 minute shopping experience on Saturday, June 8. They’ll also receive an autographed item courtesy of Nike, plus two Club Suite tickets for the Brewers vs. Phillies game that night.
- Six First Place Winners will receive access to a private 20 minute meet and greet experience in the Brewers Team Store with Brewers pitcher John Axford, plus a 30 minute shopping experience on Saturday, June 8. They’ll also receive an autographed item courtesy of Nike, plus two Loge Outfield Box tickets for the Brewers vs. Phillies game that night.
- Thirty Runners-Up will get a 30-minute shopping experience with John Axford in the Brewers Team Store by Majestic at Miller Park on Saturday, June 8, 2013.
For complete rules and details, please visit brewers.com/showit.
As exemplified by the VIP treatment Bernie Brewer received on his trip to Spring Training this year, it’s obvious that Southwest Airlines really loves Bernie Brewer and we know you do, too!
So, when you’re at Miller Park this season, be sure to visit the Southwest Airlines Bernie Brewer photo attraction located down the first-base line on the Field Level concourse. Take your photo there, tweet it to @Bernie_Brewer and/or post it on Instagram using the hashtag #LUVBERNIE. Then, check back at brewers.com/luvbernie all season long to see our gallery!
We might even highlight some of our favorites on Twitter, Instagram, our Facebook page or here on the blog!
Spring Training is finally upon us!
Are you headed to sunny, Phoenix, Arizona to see the Crew in Spring Training later this month or in March? Show us your favorite photo and you could be of three people chosen to win a Brewers prize package!
Create an original photo from Spring Training in Phoenix, Arizona. Then, tweet your photo to @Bernie_Brewer on Twitter and/or post it to Instagram using hashtag #CACTUSCREW for your chance to win! For more information and official rules, click here.
You’ll also want to make sure you follow the #CactusCrew hashtag for Spring Training news, updates and chatter!
Spring Training tickets are available at brewers.com/springtraining.
If you’re not headed to AZ this year, don’t sweat it. You can listen to, and even watch, some of the Brewers Spring Training games: click here for the complete Spring Training broadcast schedule.
Thank you so much for reading John and Cait…Plus 9 this year!
As we head into the holidays, we wanted to take a moment to thank you again for a great 2012 and wish you a very happy holiday season. And–we’re very much looking forward to 2013 and all the excitement that is sure to come!
If you’re looking to spread Brewers holiday cheer and (off) season’s greetings, here are a couple of ways to do so:
- Share this Bernie Brewer image on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
- MLB Facebook Snowy Images Album: MLB has created one holiday-themed image for each team and we’re encouraging fans to share on their wall, as well as with friends. These images also reside on the Pinterest Happy Holidays Board.
- Holiday Photos: Upload one of your own photos (or choose one from Facebook), add baseball-themed holiday elements and share with your friends!
-John and Cait
The MillerCoors Holiday Lites display returns to the Miller Valley beginning this Friday, November 30 and who better to help kick off the event than our very own Bernie Brewer and the Klement’s Famous Racing Sausages? Yes, that’s right, the Brewers mascots will be on hand for Opening Night of the Lites show and they’ll even have your chance to win Brewers Holiday 4-Packs!
The Lites show, now in its eighth year, will feature over 300,000 LED lights, synchronized to a medley of traditional and modern holiday music. It is the largest show of its kind in the Midwest, and the lights, if laid out, would stretch nearly 15 miles.
The outdoor light show begins this Friday with free, family-friendly mini-tours of the MillerCoors Brewery and Lite Show starting every 20 minutes from 4:40 p.m. until 9 p.m.
The free tours start at the Visitor Center (4251 W. State Street in Milwaukee) and include:
- Opening Miller Valley Video featuring the Girl In The Moon
- 4 block outdoor walk to view the Holiday Lites Show (approx. 7 minutes)
- Miller Valley Caves
- Beer Sampling in the historic Milwaukee Stables
For this Friday only, Bernie Brewer and the Klement’s Famous Racing Sausages will be on hand with your chance to win Brewers Holiday 4-Packs!
- Attend one of the MillerCoors Holiday Lites Tours this Friday, November 30.
- When you get to the Stables, look for Bernie Brewer and the Klement’s Famous Racing Sausages. [Note: The mascots will be on hand during the following times for picture-taking: 5:30-6:00 pm; 6:15-6:45pm; 7:00-7:30pm; 7:45-8:15pm; 8:30-9:00pm.]
- Use your camera/phone to take a photo with one or all of the mascots.
- Tweet your photo to Bernie Brewer (@Bernie_Brewer) using the hashtag: #HOLIDAY4PACKS.
- Next week, we’ll pick one lucky winner to win a pair of Holiday 4-Packs! Additional winners will be selected to win Brewers gear! Complete rules can be found here.
The tours will continue each Friday and Saturday through December 22 with participation from other community partners.
Visitors are also encouraged to bring a new, unwrapped gift to support the annual Toys for Tots drive or a non-perishable food item Hunger TaskForce. Gifts can be dropped off at the MillerCoors Visitor Center throughout the month of December.
For details about the tour, call (414) 931-2337.
We look forward to seeing your photos, so make plans to stop at the tour (after you hit the Brewers Clubhouse Sale of course)! Good luck!