Results tagged ‘ Rick Schlesinger ’
By an overwhelming margin, Bernie’s Barrelman Ale was selected as the name for a new beer created in a partnership between the Milwaukee Brewers and Leinenkugel Brewing Co. The beer will be available exclusively at Miller Park beginning this Monday, May 27. Over 10,000 votes were received and 55% voted for the winning name.
“With Milwaukee’s heritage of brewing beer, having an ale made exclusively for the Brewers was a great opportunity to pursue,” said Brewers Chief Operating Officer Rick Schlesinger. “We appreciate the work that Leinie’s and our partners at MillerCoors put into this initiative, and were thrilled with the response of the fans in naming the new beer.”
The newly created beer is an ale, brewed with pale and roasted caramel malts along with cascade, nugget and willamette hops. It will be available exclusively at Miller Park and fans will be able to buy the “New Brew” at locations on the Field Level behind sections 103, 118 and 125; on the Loge Level behind home plate and sections 206 and 213; and on the Terrace Level outside sections 413, 420 and 432.
“A great beer deserves a great name, so we’re thankful for the teamwork from the Brewers and fans,” said Jake Leinenkugel, President of Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Co. “We’re sure fans will have many opportunities to raise a glass of Bernie’s Barrelman Ale to toast the Brewers’ success.”
The other names up for a vote included “Brew Crew Brew” (which netted 35% of the vote) and “Brewers All-Star Ale” (10%). For more information, please visit brewers.com/newbrew. Tomorrow afternoon, we will be headed to the MillerCoors Brewery for the first official tasting of Bernie’s Barrelman Ale. We will have a review and photos from the event posted to the blog.
-John & Cait
The cliché “one of a kind…” is heard all too often, but the “2013 Milwaukee Brewers Ultimate Fan Experience” is something that would be next to impossible to replicate.
Through the sweepstakes, one lucky fan will be chosen to receive the following prize package:
- A Bob Uecker Game-Worn Sweater—a colorful, warm piece of history worn by a colorful man. The sweater comes complete with a Major League Baseball authentication hologram that shows Mr. Baseball wore the sweater during a Brewers radio broadcast this year.
- Yovani Gallardo’s Game-Worn 2013 Opening Day Jersey that was donned by the Brewers righthander for his fourth consecutive Opening Day start. The jersey is authenticated by Major League Baseball.
- Four Round-Trip Southwest Airlines Tickets between Milwaukee (either to or from) and any location served by Southwest Airlines.
- Four Field Diamond Box Tickets to any 2013 Milwaukee Brewers regular season game at Miller Park.
- A Chance to Slide Down Bernie Brewer’s Slide along with three of your friends.
- Bob Uecker Meet and Greet – Your group of four will meet “Ueck” on the field during batting practice before a Brewers game at Miller Park. You will then be able to watch batting practice on the field and have your photo taken in the Brewers dugout.
- Your Own Bobblehead – The Brewers will create a bobblehead in your image and produce the item for your personal collection.
Sweepstakes tickets are just $1, and the more times you enter, the better chance of winning. Tickets will be available at brewers.com/ultimatesweeps beginning today at 10 a.m. CT through Tuesday, June 11 at 10 a.m. CT. No purchase necessary. Entries are also accepted by writing to: Brewers Ultimate Fan Experience Sweepstakes, c/o Brewers Community Foundation, One Brewers Way, Milwaukee, WI 53214.
“We wanted to offer a package that was truly unique, and it all starts with an item like Ueck’s game-worn sweater,” said Brewers Chief Operating Officer Rick Schlesinger. “We think this will be a very popular contest with an appeal to Brewers fans of all ages.”
The winning name will be drawn on or around Monday, June 17. Net proceeds from the sweepstakes will benefit the programs supported by the Brewers Community Foundation. For complete rules and more information, please visit brewers.com/ultimatesweeps.
This morning we announced that we’ve partnered with Leinie’s to create a “New Brew,” a beer that will be served exclusively at Miller Park this year. And now it’s time for you to join in and help name it!
The newly-created beer is an ale, brewed with pale and roasted caramel malts along with cascade, nugget and willamette hops, beginning at 10 a.m. today, fans 21 years and older can visit Brewers.com/newbrew to vote for their favorite name for the beer, choosing from three options: “Brew Crew Brew,” “Bernie’s Barrel Man Ale” and “Brewers All-Star Ale.” Voting ends on Tuesday, May 21 at 10 a.m. and the winning name will be announced on Wednesday, May 22. The “New Brew” will be available exclusively at Miller Park beginning with the game on Monday, May 27.
“We’re always looking for opportunities to create unique offerings at Miller Park to enhance the fan experience, and we’re excited to debut this exclusive beer during the next homestand,” said Brewers Chief Operating Officer Rick Schlesinger.
Fans will be able to purchase the “New Brew” at locations on the Field Level behind sections 103, 118 and 125; on the Loge Level behind home plate and sections 206 and 213; and on the Terrace Level outside sections 413, 420 and 432.
For more information, please visit Brewers.com/newbrew.
Boys & Girls Clubs, Milwaukee Brewers and Brewers Community Foundation Announce Revitalization Plans for Sherman Park Baseball Field
Last night, Milwaukee Brewers front office staff, including President of Baseball Operations-General Manager Doug Melvin and his wife, Ellen, along with Craig Counsell, Special Assistant to the General Manager and his wife, Michelle, attended the Boys and Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee’s Salute to Youth MVP Dinner & Celebration at the Pfister Hotel. Approximately 500 guests were in attendance at the event, which was co-chaired by Brewers Chief Operating Office, Rick Schlesinger.
At the end of the evening, Brewers Community Foundation presented a check in the amount of $100,000 to support the revitalization of Sherman Park baseball diamond, located in Milwaukee’s central city.The Sherman Park field will be one of only five fields in Greater Milwaukee that can accommodate multiple types of play.
“The mission of Boys & Girls Clubs’ Youth Sports programs is to provide members with access to youth sports that impart valuable life lessons such as teamwork and good sportsmanship as well as develop their leadership skills,” says Vincent Lyles, president & CEO of Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee. “This support from Milwaukee Brewers and Brewers Community Foundation will help do just that. ”
“On behalf of Brewers Community Foundation, the Sherman Park baseball field revitalization is consistent with our mission to positively impact the lives of children and their families in Greater Milwaukee and Wisconsin,” says Cecelia Gore, Executive Director of the Foundation. “This revitalization project will make Little League baseball and softball accessible to Boys & Girls Clubs and other local residents, especially those who live in the inner city.”
In addition to the revitalization project, Milwaukee Brewers and Brewers Community Foundation have been long-time supporters of Boys & Girls Clubs’ RBI (Reviving Baseball in Inner Cities) Program [Read more on how you can help support the RBI program here.] as well as Little Brewers softball, which is a statewide program that teaches young children the fundamentals of the game.
Milwaukee County Department of Parks, Recreation and Culture is also a partner in the project. It will be responsible for the field’s maintenance. Boys & Girls Clubs will have exclusive field access for the first two years. Construction will begin this year and the field will be playable for the start of the 2014 baseball and softball season. It will include a new scoreboard, field fencing and dugouts, infield landscaping and paint field infrastructure.
Located on the corner of N. Sherman Blvd. and W. Burleigh St., the baseball field was highly used and known for its immaculate condition. The revitalized baseball field supports the growth of baseball and softball among central city children. The reconstructed field will be built with adaptive diamond dimensions to accommodate Boys & Girls Clubs baseball and softball programs for young people.
Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee celebrates 126 years of service. Known as the oldest and largest youth-serving agency in Milwaukee, the Clubs offers high quality after-school and summer programming for children ages 5-18, focusing on those who have major life obstacles, most often poverty. The Clubs operates 36 sites, which include six primary locations, 29 school sites, Camp Whitcomb/Mason in Hartland in Hartland. Membership to the Clubs is only $5 per year, per child, but no one is ever turned away based on inability to pay. For more information, visit www.boysgirlsclubs.org.
Major League Baseball Commissioner Bud Selig grew up in the area and played baseball on the field.
Yesterday, we announced a multi-year sponsorship renewal that will keep Miller Lite as the Club’s exclusive beer sponsor.
The highlight of the new deal is the creation of the new Miller Lite Party Deck, a 70-seat deck built above the Miller Park right-field Loge Bleachers that will open at the start of the 2013 season.
The Party Deck will feature 1,400 square feet of entertaining space and will include a new fixed bar, buffet counter, flat panel televisions and two levels of seating. The area will be available for groups to reserve for Brewers home games, offering an all-inclusive food and beverage experience in addition to a unique and private setting for the game. For more information on the Party Deck, please call (414) 902-GRPS (4777) or visit brewers.com/allin (information should be up there shortly!).
“The Milwaukee Brewers and MillerCoors partnership continues a relationship between two iconic heritage brands from our market,” said Brewers Chief Operating Officer Rick Schlesinger. “We have great appreciation for the support that MillerCoors has demonstrated to the Brewers over the years, and today’s announcement reaffirms that commitment. We look forward to the partnership’s new offerings, including the Miller Lite Party Deck, which will further enhance Miller Park as one of the best fan experiences in professional sports.”
The brewery’s dedication to professional baseball in Milwaukee goes back almost 60 years to 1953, when Frederick C. Miller – the great-grandson of the brewery’s founder — helped bring the Braves to the city. The partnership with the Brewers dates to 1970, the team’s first year in Milwaukee.
The renewed Miller Lite alliance with the Brewers also includes:
- Exclusive rights to develop advertising, consumer promotions, retail POS, packaging and other marketing materials featuring the team/stadium name and marks.
- Continuation of the popular Friday Night Beerpen and Miller Lite Tailgate Town Saturdays promotions.
- In-stadium signage, as well as an advertising presence during all TV and radio broadcasts of Brewers games.
- MillerCoors will continue its fight against drunk driving by supporting the designated driver program at Miller Park, in partnership with the Brewers and Delaware North Company/Sport Service. Approximately 50,000 Brewers fans pledged to be designated drivers during the 2012 season. MillerCoors also will continue supporting TEAM Coalition training at Miller Park to support responsible sale of our beers by concessionaires and volunteers.
“The alliance with the Brewers is perfect for Miller Lite because you see Miller Time brought to life in so many ways with Brewers fans,” said Andy England, chief marketing officer at MillerCoors. “Whether it’s the crew gathered at the pre-game tailgate, celebrating a big play in Miller Park or toasting another victory at the bar, Brewers fans have a true passion for their team that’s a shared experience all season long.”
Cheers to that!
Today, along with MillerCoors, we unveiled plans for a new Miller Park group entertainment area, The Miller Lite Party Deck!
The Party Deck will have a capacity of 70 and will be situated above the Miller Park right-field Loge Bleachers.
It will feature 1,400 square feet of entertaining space and will include a new fixed bar, buffet counter, flat panel televisions and two levels of seating.
The area will be available for groups for select Brewers home games, offering an all-inclusive food and beverage experience in addition to a private setting and a spectacular vantage point for viewing the game and Miller Park surroundings.
“Every year, we work to enhance the overall entertainment experience at Miller Park, and this will be a significant addition to the many options that we offer,” said Brewers Chief Operating Officer Rick Schlesinger. “We appreciate the support of MillerCoors as we believe The Miller Lite Party Deck will be one of baseball’s most exciting and unique all-inclusive entertaining areas.”
The Deck is currently under construction and will be ready in time for the Brewers first 2013 game at Miller Park – an exhibition against the Chicago White Sox set for Friday, March 29.
Groups may reserve their space in the Miller Lite Party Deck and all group entertaining areas beginning on Thursday, February 7. More information is available by calling the Brewers Group Sales office at 414-902-GRPS (4777) or at Brewers.com/allin.
Since I have worked here at Miller Park, it seems every off season, the ballpark becomes somewhat of a construction zone. The team has always done a great job of keeping Miller Park fresh and up to date with features like the Associated Bank Kids Zone or renovations to the suites and the addition of the new HD scoreboard. The Brewers today announced plans for two renovations at Miller Park, both of which will enhance the fan experience for 2013.
“Every year, we formally survey fans to get a better understanding of their changing tastes and preferences,” said Brewers Chief Operating Officer Rick Schlesinger. “National surveys of fans and media consistently rate the Miller Park fan experience among the very best in all of sports, but we don’t take that for granted. We are committed to enhancing the facility and experience every year to remain a top destination for fans.”
Projects for 2013 include the following:
Dew Deck Renovations
- The Dew Deck, a seating area above the right field bleachers that dates to Miller Park’s opening year, will be renovated during the off-season. The signature addition to the area will be a 25-foot high rock climbing wall, designed in the shape of a can of Mountain Dew. The wall will be open for approximately three hours every game day, and will be designed to accommodate up to four climbers at a time. Other improvements to the area will include new lighting, new ceilings, installation of flat panel televisions, repainting, and new signage. The Dew Deck accommodates groups of 25 to 260 people (no individual ticket purchases are available). The area features stadium seating, a private bar, and private restrooms. Tickets to this affordable party space include an all-you-can eat pregame tailgate buffet that begins when the Miller Park gates open and ends one hour after the first pitch. Individuals interested in hosting events at the new Dew Deck may call 414-902-GRPS for more information.
Home Plate Lounge Renovations
- Following the addition of a new Brewers Team Store retail location on the Club Level last year, the Home Plate Lounge will be enhanced this winter. The Home Plate Lounge is located on the concourse of the Club Level behind home plate and is open to Club Level Suiteholders and all fans who have Club Level seating. The project includes the removal of an existing concessions stand, storage area and restroom, allowing for the creation of a new fixed “Chef’s Table” counter. Featured upgrades include a new Concierge counter, new carpeting, and new furniture (modular seats, ottomans, bar stools, dining chairs, and tables). In addition, there will be new lighting throughout the space.
Design work for the projects was handled by Uihlein/Wilson. Both these projects will be ready by Opening Day, 2013.
So I have been pretty excited about this promotion for some time now. It’s really been hard to keep this one a secret. I’m a self-proclaimed sports uniform/jersey/logo nerd. It’s OK, I’m cool with it. If you are like me, or have a knack for creativity and design or just want to put your mark on Brewers baseball, then this contest is for you.
The Brewers are inviting fans to take part in their “Design a YOUniform” contest. That is right. We are looking for fans to design a Brewers uniform and cap that the Brewers will wear during a 2013 Spring Training game.
Templates for the contest and complete rules will be available online at Brewers.com/uniform and at the Brewers Team Store by Majestic at Miller Park. The template allows fans to design the jersey top and cap and contestants can create their design digitally or by hand. Design templates will be available beginning Friday at 10 a.m. CT and the deadline to enter is 11:59 p.m. CT on Thursday, December 13. The completed designs can be uploaded to Brewers.com/uniform or dropped off at the Brewers Team Store by Majestic.
The first group of entries will be judged by an internal Brewers committee. That group will narrow the entries down to four finalists. On Tuesday, January 15 at 10 a.m. CT, the four finalists will be announced on Brewers.com. A fan vote will open up on Brewers.com that day and a panel of judges including Brewers pitcher John Axford, Brewers President of Baseball Operations and General Manager Doug Melvin, Brewers Chief Operating Officer Rick Schlesinger, Brewers Senior Director of Merchandise Branding Jill Aronoff, representatives from Majestic, New Era and the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel will judge the four finalists (the fan poll will be weighted the same as one judge’s vote).
At Brewers On Deck on Sunday, January 27 at the Delta Center in downtown Milwaukee, the four finalists will be on hand to present their designs. Axford will announce the winner of the contest on the Main Stage at Brewers On Deck. Each of the four finalists will receive a trip to Milwaukee for Brewers On Deck including $250!
The winning uniforms and caps will be worn by Brewers players and coaches during the Brewers vs. Cubs Spring Training game on Friday, March 22 at Maryvale Baseball Park. The winning designer will receive a trip to Spring Training to see that game. The prize package for the winner is packed with goodies:
- Airfare for two people to Phoenix
- Game tickets for the March 22 Brewers vs. Cubs game at Maryvale Baseball Park
- A cash prize for hotel, transportation and other incidentals
- The opportunity to select one player’s jersey and cap from that day
- 10 t-shirts and 10 caps made from the design
Not to mention, the winner can brag about being the fan that won one of the coolest contests in team history.
“People have great ideas for how they would design an alternate uniform for the team, and this is the ultimate opportunity for everyone to have their say,” said Schlesinger in a press release. “Participants can pick their favorite colors, original logos, and script, or they can utilize elements of the Brewers current uniforms with their own unique twist. It’s literally a blank template and a chance for everyone to show off their creative sides.”
Get creative Brewers fans, we cannot wait to see some of your designs.
I speak to many students about my career in sports marketing and the advice I always give to them is based on the Confucius quote: “Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.”
That’s how I felt when, as a big baseball—and Brewers, specifically—fan, I came to work here.
It was my “dream job,” so to speak, but never in my wildest dreams did I imagine my worlds would collide, and that I’d also get to work on bringing a country concert to Miller Park!
From my past posts, you’ve probably gathered that I’m a country music fan and today, I’m excited to tell you that The Corona Light Presents Kenny Chesney’s ‘No Shoes Nation’ Tour will be making its way to Miller Park on Saturday, May 18, 2013!
The bill includes Kenny Chesney, in his 20th year of touring, along with special guest Eric Church – whose new album ‘Chief’ was selected as ‘Album of the Year’ at the 2012 CMA Awards – as well as Eli Young Band and Kacey Musgraves.
Kenny Chesney, who’s played a country-world record 85 stadium shows in his career, makes it to over 100 with today’s announcement of Miller Park, along with 16 other stadium dates on the tour, which kicks off on Saturday, March 16 at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Florida.
More ‘No Shoes Nation’ dates will be announced in the coming months, but Miller Park is currently the fourth stop on the tour and one of just three ballparks (the others are Target Field in Minneapolis and Angel Stadium of Anaheim).
“I believe what we’ve created on the road is something special,” says Chesney, “the fans, myself, the band, the crew. But it’s really the fans who have given us a wonderful, unique life. What we’ve all built together is the ‘No Shoes Nation.’ There is no better name for this tour.”
Kenny’s previous 10 tours have each reached more than 1.1 million fans across the country.
“Kenny Chesney has a long track record of being one of the industry’s most popular touring artists, and we’re proud to have Miller Park included on his tour’s itinerary,” said Milwaukee Brewers Chief Operating Officer Rick Schlesinger. “Miller Park is not just a great place to watch baseball, it’s also a terrific concert venue. We have hosted several major tours since 2001 and we look forward to welcoming Kenny and his fans to this very special event.”
For those keeping score at home, this isn’t the first time Kenny has been to Miller Park; he made a brief appearance here back in 2010 as part of Farm Aid’s 25th Anniversary, which drew a crowd of over 35,000. Other major concerts staged at Miller Park and surrounding grounds include George Strait’s Country Music Festival (2001), N’Sync (2001), Bruce Springsteen (2003), Randy Travis (2004), Bon Jovi (2005), and Kid Rock/Sugarland (2008).
Tickets will go on sale Friday, December 7 at 9 a.m. at brewers.com/chesney, by phone at (414) 902-4000, and in person at the Miller Park Box Office. Ticket prices will be $45 for the Terrace, $90 for the Field and Loge Infield, $115 for Field, Loge Outfield and Club Level; $140 for On Field, and $235 for the Sand Bar (plus applicable service fees). Miller Park capacity for the show will be approximately 41,000.
I hope to see you there!
Brewers Announce Postseason Single-Game Ticketing Opportunity Details; Register Online Beginning Monday at Noon CT
Things have certainly been exciting around here!
Today we announced details for a Postseason Single-Game Ticketing Opportunity that will give fans an opportunity to register for the right to purchase tickets to potential individual 2012 Postseason games held at Miller Park.
Beginning Monday, September 24 at noon CT.,fans interested in registering may go to brewers.com/postseason and look for the link to “Postseason Single-Game Ticketing Opportunity.”
With inventory expected to be very limited, it is likely that only a very small number of fans will be selected to purchase tickets through this registration opportunity.
“In 2011, we had over 200,000 fans register for a similar opportunity and we were only able to accommodate a very small fraction of them,” said Rick Schlesinger, Brewers Chief Operating Officer. “As such, we encourage fans looking for guaranteed Postseason ticket rights to contact our ticket sales office at (414) 902-HITS (4487) and place a deposit on 2013 Season Seats.”
Fans looking to ensure tickets to Postseason games at Miller Park may bypass this single game registration by placing a deposit on a Season Seat Plan for 2013.
Details on all Postseason ticket options follow:
POSTSEASON SINGLE-GAME TICKETING OPPORTUNITY
- Registration for the Wild Card and National league Division Series (NLDS) rounds will begin at 12:00 p.m. CT Monday, September 24 and will close at 11:59 p.m. CT, Sunday, September 30.
- The Brewers will conduct a random selection of winners from the pool of registrants for each of the three Postseason series. The Wild Card and NLDS winners will be notified via email on Tuesday, October 2 and will have the opportunity to purchase up to four (4) tickets to one (1) game of the Wild Card OR NLDS, while supplies last.
- While registration for the Wild Card and NLDS will close on September 30, it will remain open for the National League Championship Series and World Series. Winners for those two rounds will be selected from the pool of registrants at later dates. Registrants (including winners of previous drawings) will be eligible for each drawing.
- All 2012 Postseason tickets purchased for individual games through Brewers.com will be “print at home.”
- There is no charge to register for this opportunity, and additional rules and information are available at brewers.com/postseason.
GUARANTEED RIGHTS TO POSTSEASON TICKETS
- The first option is for fans to purchase a Full Season Ticket Plan for the 2013 season. Fans who select this option will be given the opportunity to purchase tickets to ALL 2012 Postseason games at Miller Park, including the World Series (while supplies last).
- The second option is for fans to purchase a 20-Game Plan for the 2013 season. Those who choose this option will be given the opportunity to purchase tickets to all 2012 Wild Card, NLDS and NLCS games at Miller Park (while supplies last).
- Fans interested in either one of these two options can visit brewers.com/postseason or call (414) 902-HITS (4487).