Results tagged ‘ jon Byman ’
Last night, prior to the Brewers vs. Twins game, we hosted John and Cait present…”Social Media in the Media” Night (#BrewersSMIM) at Miller Park!
Attendees for this sold out event had the opportunity to take part in a special pregame panel/roundtable discussion in the Brewers media interview room featuring representatives from the local media including:
- Jon Byman ( @JonByman) News Director for 620 WTMJ Radio
- Tom Haudricourt ( @Haudricourt ) Brewers beat writer for The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel (via phone)
- Sophia Minnaert ( @SophiaMinnaert ) Milwaukee Brewers & Bucks Sideline Reporter for FSWisconsin
- Vince Vitrano ( @VinceVitrano ) WTMJ “Live at Daybreak” anchor
In addition, Brewers pitcher John Axford ( @JohnAxford), the first Brewers player to become active on social media, also made an appearance at the event.
The panel discussion included talk about how the media uses social media as a tool to report and to interact with the people that consume traditional media. In addition, here’s a random assortment of things we learned as per the Twitterverse:
1) Tom Haudricourt is, indeed, NOT Lindsay Lohan:
— Vince Vitrano (@vincevitrano) May 28, 2013
2) According to Sophia Minnaert, the average baseball fan watches 16 minutes of a game on TV
The average baseball fan watches 16 mins of a game… How sad for those average fans. #BrewersSMIM
— Nikki Kaminski (@nikkikaminski) May 28, 2013
3) How social media is driving readership/viewership/listenership:
— Robert Cole (@RobertKCole) May 28, 2013
4) How media balance the importance of being first vs. being right:
— Jeff Swanson (@jswany7) May 28, 2013
— 2-Story (@2Story_Milw) May 29, 2013
5) Axford likes showing fans his personal side and started #SystemofaDownSaturday:
"Old school Hollywood baseball, Jack Gilardi is 10 feet tall. Old school Hollywood, baseball, me and Frankie Avalon!" #SystemOfADownSaturday
— John Axford (@JohnAxford) May 25, 2013
If you’re interested in checking out more of the conversation from last night’s event, check out Cait’s Storify Story here.
Following the panel, the group moved to the ATI Club for the game where they enjoyed a buffet and beverages (the brisket was delicious!). The game turned into a 14-inning affair which ended just shortly before midnight, so the attendees got to see two Sausage Races and take part in two 7th Inning Stretches. And, although ultimately, the Crew fell to the Twins 6-5, everyone we talked to had a great time and enjoyed the event and camaraderie.
Here is a slideshow from the night, made up of our photos and yours!
Do you have additional feedback for us? Ideas for next year? Share them in the comments below, send us a tweet, or shoot us an email. We enjoyed talking with you last night in person and we love hearing from you as much as possible.
It was great to meet some of our readers in person and to put faces with your Twitter handles. It is these kind of events that really put the “social” in social media.
Thanks again for coming out! Keep watching John and Cait for information on other upcoming events!
- Posted on May 29, 2013 at 11:49 am
- 3 Comments
- Tags: ATI Club, Caitlin Moyer, John Axford, John Steinmiller, jon Byman, Milwaukee Brewers, Minnesota Twins, Social Media in the Media, Social Media NIght, Social Media Night Brewers, Sophia Minnaert, Tom Haudricourt, Vince Vitrano