Results tagged ‘ #BrewersOpener ’
Opening Day at Miller Park is just five days away as the Brewers will host the Colorado Rockies on Monday, April 6. Details for Opening Day are below.
Ticket Availability: Tickets for Opening Day are sold out. Tickets remain available for the remaining five games of the opening homestand.
- Parking Lots/Gate Opening Times: The Miller Park parking lots will open at 10 a.m. on Opening Day. The gates to Miller Park will open at 10:40 a.m. In coordination with new procedures established by Major League Baseball, all fans will be screened by metal detectors upon entering Miller Park. Fans are encouraged to arrive early to the gates to ensure they don’t miss first pitch.
- 50/50 Raffle: The 50/50 Raffle will begin when gates open at 10:40 a.m. Proceeds from the raffle support local nonprofit organizations.
- First Pitch: Retired Commissioner Emeritus and former Brewers Owner Allan H. “Bud” Selig will throw out the ceremonial first pitch on Opening Day. In honor of his achievements, the Brewers retired the number 1 and will unveil the “Selig Experience,” a state-of-the-art attraction at Miller Park, to the public on Friday, May 29.
- Brewers Magnetic Schedule Day: All fans in attendance will receive a Brewers 2015 magnetic schedule.
- The 13th Annual Klement’s Opening Day First Brat Relay Race: Prior to first pitch on Opening Day, the Klement’s Famous Racing Sausages will participate in the 13th Annual Klement’s Opening Day First Brat Relay Race, beginning at 10 a.m. at the Klement’s plant on Chase Ave. The Klement’s Famous Racing Sausages™ will deliver the “First Brat” all the way to Miller Park (weather permitting).
OPENING DAY PARKING INFORMATION
The Brewers are urging fans to plan ahead when considering parking options for all games at Miller Park, but in particular for Opening Day. Fans may purchase parking passes in advance for all home dates at Miller Park through the Miller Park Box Office, Brewers.com or by phone at (414) 902-4000. Please note, a limited number of parking passes are available for Opening Day.
There will not be overflow parking at Wisconsin State Fair Park this year.
Please tune in to AM 1180 for up to the minute information.
Fans are encouraged to share in the excitement around Opening Day by following the Club on its various social media platforms. Fans may participate in the conversation by tagging photos and updates on Twitter and Instagram with #BrewersOpener.
Fans attending Opening Day at Miller Park on Monday now have the unique chance to be featured in an upcoming Instragram-built video project called #MyBrewersOpener.
We’re looking to create a commemorative “InstragraMovie” built solely from hundreds of Instagram photos — YOUR photos depicting YOUR experiences attending Opening Day at Miller Park.
Capture it all — from the time your day starts until the final out. All you need to do is include #MyBrewersOpener in your Instagram pictures on game day and — even better — one lucky Instaphotographer could win four tickets to the Brewers game at Miller Park against the Cubs on April 27, 2014!
These videos are pretty cool, check out this one from last year’s World Series:
So make sure to document your whole day on Instagram, include the hashtag and celebrate the Brewers!
Please note: the official hashtag for Opening Day is simply #BrewersOpener, so use that elsewhere on social media (i.e. Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, etc.) to following the conversation. By adding in the “MY” on Instagram, that’s the best way we can find the photos you’ve meant to share with us/enter in the promotion.
We just announced the ceremonies and special events for Monday’s Opening Day, a 1:10 p.m. start vs. Atlanta. A reminder that tickets are sold out for Monday’s Opening Day, but tickets do remain for the other two games of the Atlanta series.
The ceremonial first pitch will be thrown out by a trio of Wisconsin-born Olympic heroes from the 2014 Winter Games in Sochi. Matt Antoine, born in Prairie du Chien, Wis., was a bronze medalist in the Skeleton competition. Brianna Decker, from Dousman, Wis. and Jessica Vetter, from Cottage Grove, Wis., were each members of the USA women’s hockey team that won the silver medal. Decker now is on the University of Wisconsin women’s hockey team and Vetter is a graduate of the university. It will be an honor to have these great athletes on hand to kick off the 2014 season.
An Opening Day tradition will continue Monday as Joseph Attanasio, father of Brewers Chairman and Principal Owner Mark Attanasio, will sing the national anthem.
All fans in attendance Monday will receive the always popular 2014 Brewers schedule magnet (honestly, is there a refrigerator in Wisconsin that doesn’t have one!? It is a staple for all summer plans.)
Here are some other key notes:
– When Tweeting about Opening Day, please use the hashtag #BrewersOpener.
– Parking Lots open at 10 a.m. on Monday.
– Gates to Miller Park open at 11 a.m. on Monday.
– If you do have tickets to Opening Day and are planning on driving to and parking at Miller Park, it is recommended that you plan ahead. Fans may buy parking passes in advance for all home dates at Miller Park through the Miller Park box office, Brewers.com or by phone at 414-902-4000. Parking passes for Opening Day are available, but in limited supply.
We are looking forward to a fun day! See you Monday!
-JOHN and CAIT