Results tagged ‘ bobblehead ’
The second bobblehead of the 2013 season will come on Sunday, April 21 as the Crew takes on the Chicago Cubs. The bobblehead will feature Brewers alum & All-Star, George Scott.
The former first baseman played for the Brewers from 1972-1976 and won the Gold Glove Award all five years in a row during his time in Milwaukee. George also won the award in 1967, 1968 and 1971 during his time with the Boston Red Sox.
Hence, his bobblehead will feature George in a Brewers uniform with his five Gold Gloves.
Over his 14-season career, George, who was known as “Boomer,” played in the American League for the Boston Red Sox, Milwaukee Brewers, Kansas City Royals and New York Yankees. He posted a .268 batting average with 271 home runs (which he called “taters,” coining the term), and 1051 RBI in 2034 games.
Speaking of Gold Gloves, two Brewers players were yesterday named finalists for the 2012 Rawlings Gold Glove Award. Left fielder Ryan Braun and third baseman Aramis Ramirez were one of three finalists for the Gold Glove at their respective positions. The awards will be announced tonight on a special edition of ESPN Baseball Tonight at 8 p.m. CT on ESPN2. Tune in tonight to see if Braun and Ramirez will join Scott to make Brewers Gold Glove history.
Individual tickets will go on sale in February, but if you’d like to secure your tickets for this game early, the George Scott bobble is included in the following ticket packages:
Double Bobble Holiday 4-Pack [Holiday 4-Packs go on sale on Tuesday, November 13! Call (414) 902-HITS (4487) for details!]
1/23/13 Update: This just in! A photo of the George Scott Bobblehead! What do you think?
-John and Cait
The first bobblehead of the 2013 season will come at the end of the Brewers first homestand, on Sunday April 7 as the Brewers take on the Arizona Diamondbacks. The bobble will feature Brewers outfielder Norichika Aoki!
This will be the first Brewers bobblehead for Nori, who, in his rookie season with the Crew, batted .288 with 10 home runs, 50 RBI and 30 stolen bases. Prior to his time with the Brewers, Aoki spent eight seasons with the Tokyo Yakult Swallows of the Central League in Japan. He was a seven-time All-Star in Japan. Aoki’s name translated in Japanese is “blue tree.”
Individual tickets will go on sale in February, but if you’d like to secure your tickets for this game early, the Aoki bobblehead is included in the following ticket packages:
1/16/13 Update: This just in! A photo of the Norichika Aoki Bobblehead! What do you think?
-John and Cait
Earlier this year, with our preview of the 2012 promotional schedule, we highlighted our six All-Fan Bobblehead Giveaways and included photos of the Lucroy and Gallardo bobbles.
We now have photos of the Nyjer Morgan bobblehead to add to the mix, so I’m including those below.
Check back here as I will be sure to update this post as we receive photos of the rest!
2012 ALL-FAN BOBBLEHEAD GIVEAWAYS
1. Sunday, April 22 Brewers vs. Colorado Rockies: Jonathan Lucroy Bobblehead, compliments of Kwik Trip. [Note: 5,000 random bobbleheads will feature Lucroy in the retro pinstripe uniform.]
2. Sunday, May 13 Brewers vs. Chicago Cubs: Yovani Gallardo Bobblehead, compliments of Robert Haack Diamonds. [Note: 5,000 random bobbleheads will feature Gallardo in the retro pinstripe uniform. Also, this is Mother's Day! Make sure you grab an extra ticket for your mom!]
3. Sunday, June 10 vs. San Diego Padres: Nyjer Morgan Bobblehead, compliments of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board. [Note: A majority of the bobbleheads will feature Morgan in his batting stance, while 5,000 random bobbleheads will feature Tony Plush "throwing up the 'T'."]
4. Sunday, July 1 vs. Arizona Diamondbacks: Italian Racing Sausage Bobble, compliments of Klement’s Sausage. [Note: This is also Italian Heritage Day and the Brewers will wear special uniform tops.]
5. Sunday, July 29 vs. Washington Nationals: Bob Uecker Bobblehead, featuring the current Brewers radio broadcaster in Milwaukee Braves catching gear, compliments of Time Warner Cable.
6. Sunday, September 16 vs. New York Mets: Aramis Ramirez Bobblehead, compliments of Wild Impact Marketing. [Note: 5,000 random bobbleheads will feature Ramirez in the Cerveceros jersey.]
As you know, our bobblehead games are some of the most popular of the season, so you’ll want to purchase your tickets early to secure your seats!
Find tickets to these games, as well as other great deals, on brewers.com.
See you there!
You may be preparing by gathering your tent, blankets, grill, bags toss, etc., but have you already picked out your games?
You don’t want to have been waiting all winter for this chance and then be out in the cold, waiting in the line only to freeze when you get up to the ticket window—like Ralphie in front of Santa in A Christmas Story—when the sales staff asks you, “And what games would you like to attend this season?”
Never fear. Here’s the Cait’s Notes version to some of the best games -promo-wise- on the 2012 Schedule. [Fans buying online at brewers.com or via phone at (414) 902-4000, you’ll want to pay attention, too!]
My first tip? In case you haven’t heard, our Brewers 4-Packs have returned for a limited time only. Now through tomorrow, Wednesday, February 22, fans can choose from five different 4-Pack plans and thus secure tickets to some of the best games before they go on sale to the general public on Saturday. Most of the plans include an All-Fan Giveaway date (one includes two!) and all five plans include at least one Gold or Marquee Game at regular game pricing, adding additional value to the packages, which start at just $64. For more information on these 4-Packs, bebop on over to brewers.com/4packs and get yours NOW!
Okay, so here we go. Print this out, study it hard and you’ll be ready this Saturday, February 25 at 9am when individual tickets go on sale to the general public, in person at the Miller Park Box office, online or by phone.
The most popular game of the season is always Opening Day. This year, the Crew opens up at home on Friday, April 6 vs. the St. Louis Cardinals. And it’s this hot ticket that drives so many fans to our Arctic Tailgate party, as the Miller Park Box Office will be the only place where fans will be able to purchase individual Opening Day tickets on February 25; no phone or online orders will be accepted. However, there are only a very limited number of tickets for Opening Day that will be available at this event and each fan will be limited to a maximum of four tickets for Opening Day, based on availability.
Cait’s Notes: Hedge your bets. Purchase a Brewers 10-Pack instead, starting at just $160 and you’ll get 10 of the best games of the season, perks like regular pricing on Gold and Marquee Games, a guaranteed seat location and more ticket exchange options, plus Opening Day for FREE. Yes, you read that right—a free Opening Day ticket, plus more Brewers Baseball in 2012. And you don’t even have to wait until Saturday. Brewers 10-Packs are on sale now at brewers.com/10packs.
ALL-FAN BOBBLEHEAD GIVEAWAY DATES:
This season, six All-Fan Bobblehead Giveaways highlight the excitement at Miller Park.
1. Sunday, April 22 Brewers vs. Colorado Rockies: Jonathan Lucroy Bobblehead, compliments of Kwik Trip [Cait’s Notes: This game is included in the Double Bobble 4-Pack!]
2. Sunday, May 13 Brewers vs. Chicago Cubs: Yovani Gallardo Bobblehead, compliments of Robert Haack Diamonds [Cait’s Notes: This is Mother’s Day! What mom doesn't love Yovani Gallardo? Grab an extra ticket for her while you're at it. Boom. Mother’s Day shopping, done! Next!]
3. Sunday, June 10 vs. San Diego Padres: Nyjer Morgan Bobblehead, compliments of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board [Cait's Notes: This game is included in the Weekend Plus 4-Pack!]
4. Sunday, July 1 vs. Arizona Diamondbacks: Italian Racing Sausage Bobble, compliments of Klement’s Sausage [Cait’s Notes: This is also Italian Heritage Day and the Brewers will wear special uniform tops. This game is also included in the Double Bobble 4-Pack!]
5. Sunday, July 29 vs. Washington Nationals: Bob Uecker Bobblehead, compliments of Time Warner Cable [Cait's Notes: This game is included in the Coast to Coast 4-Pack!]
6. Sunday, September 16 vs. New York Mets: Aramis Ramirez Bobblehead, compliments of Wild Impact Marketing [Cait's Notes: This game is included in the Matinee 4-Pack!]
5-COUNTY, 5-DAY CELEBRATION:
The ever-popular 5-County, 5-Day Celebration will take place from April 17-21 this season (Brewers vs. Los Angeles Dodgers, April 17-19; and Brewers vs. Colorado Rockies, April 20-21). During this time, all residents of Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Racine, Washington and Waukesha counties can purchase tickets at a 50% savings on all reserved seats (excluding the Miller Lite Beerpen, All-Inclusive Areas and the $1 Uecker Seats). Grab your tickets early!
This year, the Brewers Spring Madness celebration falls May 21-23 against the San Francisco Giants. All seats regularly priced at $38 and less will be available at a savings of 50% (excluding the All-Inclusive Areas and $1 Uecker Seats), leaving you with more money to spend on small Pepsi products and Klement’s hot dogs which will be just $1 each for these three games.
MILLER HIGH LIFE MONDAYS:
Speaking of great deals… Fans can purchase Terrace Reserved seats for just $8, courtesy of Miller High Life for all Monday home games (except Marquee Games).
Still can’t get enough of the ball and glove logo? Then make sure you get your tickets for the last home Friday game of every month (April 20 vs. Colorado Rockies, May 18 vs. Minnesota Twins, June 29 vs. Arizona Diamondbacks, July 27 vs. Washington Nationals, August 31 vs. Pittsburgh Pirates and September 28 vs. Houston Astros). And, if you’re making plans to come out for Retro Fridays, why not sit in the Miller Lite Beerpen and get a free t-shirt?
For each Friday home game, all fans 21 and older can be part of the Miller Lite Beerpen in the Right Field Loge Bleachers. Tickets are $22 and include a Brewers t-shirt and special entertainment in the Miller Lite Beerpen. Offer excludes Opening Day. Tickets for the May 11 and May 18 games are $30.
KIDS AND SENIOR CITIZENS DISCOUNT DAYS:
For weekday afternoon Brewers games, kids 14 and under and seniors 60 and over receive up to a 50% savings on all seats except for Bernie’s Terrace and the $1 Uecker Seats. Offer excludes Marquee Games.
KIDS AUTOGRAPH SATURDAYS:
Speaking of kids…you’ll also want to bring kids 14 and under out for Kids Autograph Saturdays this season: April 21 vs. Colorado Rockies, May 19 vs. Minnesota Twins, June 9 vs. San Diego Padres, July 14 vs. Pittsburgh Pirates and August 18 vs. Philadelphia Phillies. [Cait's Notes: The July 14 game is included in the Weekend Plus 4-Pack!]
ANNUAL TRIBUTE EVENTS:
Two other popular tribute events, Cerveceros Day (June 2 vs. Pittsburgh Pirates) and Negro Leagues Tribute Night (July 28 vs. Washington Nationals) are slated to return this season as well. Snap up your tickets early to these popular games!
So, there you have it. The Cait’s Notes guide to the 2012 Promo Schedule and Individual Ticket On-Sale!