Every month, Brewers employees compete for Employee of the Month. Hank always wins:
Today we announced the following road game time changes to the 2015 schedule:
May 23 at Atlanta will start at 3:10 p.m. CT (originally at 6:10 p.m.)
June 1 at St. Louis will start at 7:10 p.m. CT (originally at 7:15 p.m.)
July 11 at Los Angeles-NL will start at 9:10 p.m. CT (originally at 8:10 p.m.)
August 25 at Cleveland will start at 6:10 p.m. CT (originally at 6:05 p.m.)
August 26 at Cleveland will start at 6:10 p.m. CT (originally at 6:05 p.m.)
October 1 at San Diego will start at 5:40 p.m. CT (originally TBD)
While individual tickets are not yet on sale, fans can guarantee their spot at Miller Park – plus receive free Opening Day tickets – with a Brewers 10-Pack, on sale now at Brewers.com/10packs or by calling (414) 902-HITS (4487).
Theme Nights Coming to Miller Park in 2015; Brewers to host Star Wars™, Major League™, Country, and Zubazpalooza Nights
Today, we’re excited to announce four theme nights that will be coming to Miller Park in 2015. Beginning at noon today, fans can buy special ticket packages to Country Night, Star Wars™ Night, Major League™ Night and Zubazpalooza. Special ticket packages for each theme night are limited and include entry to the game and a special themed promotional item.
On Friday, May 29, the Brewers will host Country Night when the team faces off against the Arizona Diamondbacks. While everyone in attendance will be treated to a special postgame concert by Grammy-nominated country artist Joe Nichols, fans who purchase the special Country Night ticket package will also receive a Milwaukee Brewers cowboy hat. Ticket packages are available in the Loge Outfield Box for $30 and Terrace Reserved for $18.
In a not too distant future, in a ballpark very, very close to you, the Brewers will host Star Wars Night on Saturday, May 30 when Milwaukee duels (with bats, not lightsabers) the Arizona Diamondbacks. A number of Star Wars characters will be making special appearances throughout the night, and fans who purchase the Star Wars Night ticket package will receive a limited-edition Jonathan Lucroy “Jedi Luc” bobblehead. Ticket packages are available in the Field Outfield Box for $39 and Terrace Reserved for $22.
Back by popular demand, Zubazpalooza returns to Miller Park for the third consecutive season on Friday, June 12, as the Brewers host the Washington Nationals. All fans who purchase the special Zubazpalooza ticket package will receive a pair of green and blue Zubaz pants with the Brewers 90’s logo. Tickets are available in the Loge Outfield Box for $34.
Finally, fans can take home the one and only Harry Doyle (aka Bob Uecker) immortalized in Bobblehead form, Tuesday, July 21 as the Brewers host the Cleveland Indians during Major League Night at Miller Park. Fans who purchase the special Major League Night ticket package will receive a limited-edition talking Harry Doyle bobblehead with famous quotes including: “This guy threw at his own kid in a father-son game,” “Personally, I think we got hosed on that call” and “Juuust a bit outside.” Ticket packages are available in the Field Outfield Box for $39, Loge Outfield for $29 and Terrace Reserved for $19.
Tickets are limited and only those who purchase the special theme night ticket package are eligible to receive that night’s promotional item. The Jedi Luc and Harry Doyle Bobbleheads are only available to the first 4,000 fans that purchase this exclusive package. All theme night tickets must be purchased in advance and can be obtained by calling the Brewers Group Sales department at 414-902-GRPS (4777) or by visiting Brewers.com/specialevents, beginning at noon today.
STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks and/or copyrights, in the United States and other countries, of Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or its affiliates. © & TM Lucasfilm Ltd.
For a limited time only, Brewers 4-Packs are returning. The 4-Packs, which are available for purchase online only at Brewers.com/4packs, go on sale this Friday (tomorrow), beginning at 10 a.m. CT. The sale will continue through Sunday, February 22.
Brewers 4-Packs include many of the most anticipated games of the 2015 season. All four set plans include at least one All-Fan Giveaway date, while both the Weekend Plan and the Promo Plus Plan include two All-Fan Giveaways. The Promo Plus and Weekend Plans both include tickets to one game featuring a postgame concert, part of the recently announced Brewers Postgame Concert Series Presented by Miller Lite. The Fan’s Choice Plan allows fans to select four games of their choice from an assortment of 38 games.
The Fan’s Choice Plan offers several great matchups including games against the World Series Champion San Francisco Giants, division rivals St. Louis Cardinals and Chicago Cubs and Interleague contests against the Chicago White Sox and American League Champion Kansas City Royals. This plan also contains select All-Fan Giveaway dates like the Garza Gnome giveaway on Sunday, August 2 against the Cubs and T-Shirt Friday on August 28 against the Cincinnati Reds.
The 4-Packs range in price from $60 – $168 and are available in the Field Outfield Box, Club Outfield Box, Loge Infield Box, Loge Outfield Box, Terrace Box, Loge Bleachers and Terrace Reserved seat locations. All tickets are subject to availability while supplies last. Pricing is as follows and includes one ticket to each of four separate games:
Location: 4-Pack Prices:
Field Outfield Box $168
Club Outfield Box $168
Loge Infield Box $168
Loge Outfield Box $136
Terrace Box $100
Loge Bleachers $96
Terrace Reserved $60
Standard shipping and handling fees apply. Advance parking packages are also available. To make a purchase, call (414) 902-HITS (4487) or visit Brewers.com/4packs. For information on all other ticket plans, call (414) 902-4090. The schedule for the 2015 4-Packs is listed below.
2015 Brewers 4-Packs
|Sunday, April 12*||Pittsburgh Pirates||1:10 p.m.||Rob Deer Bobblehead|
|Wednesday, May 27||San Francisco Giants||12:40 p.m.|
|Wednesday, July 8||Atlanta Braves||1:10 p.m.|
|Wednesday, August 19||Miami Marlins||1:10 p.m.|
|Rivals Plus Plan:|
|Wednesday, May 13||Chicago White Sox (I)||7:10 p.m.|
|Saturday, July 18||Pittsburgh Pirates||6:10 p.m.|
|Sunday, August 2*||Chicago Cubs||1:10 p.m.||Matt Garza Gnome|
|Thursday, September 17||St. Louis Cardinals||7:10 p.m.|
|Sunday, April 26*||St. Louis Cardinals||1:10 p.m.||Wily Peralta Bobblehead|
|Sunday, May 31*||Arizona Diamondbacks||1:10 p.m.||Bud Selig Bobblehead|
|Saturday, June 13**||Washington Nationals||3:10 p.m.|
|Saturday, August 1||Chicago Cubs||6:10 p.m.|
|Promo Plus Plan:|
|Monday, May 11||Chicago White Sox (I)||6:20 p.m.|
|Friday, July 31||Chicago Cubs||7:10 p.m.||T-Shirt Friday|
|Saturday, August 15**||Philadelphia Phillies||6:10 p.m.|
|Sunday, September 20*||Cincinnati Reds||1:10 p.m.||Scooter Gennett Gnome|
* Bobblehead Date
**Postgame Concert Series Date
(I) = Interleague Game
Last night, a #BrewersSnowballFight broke out on Twitter, with Kyle Lohse launching a sneak attack:
It quickly spread from there:
Fans are encouraged to join in the fun by retweeting and tagging their friends. No need to wait ’til you get hit, go on the offensive!
On Instagram, fans can join in the fun by tagging their friends in the comments:
The snowballs are also flying over on Facebook, where you can simply share our post and tag your friends to keep it going:
Plus, we had to GIF it:
Behind the scenes, this was a really fun video to shoot. Well, for me, anyway. We were able to bring these guys out to Helfaer Field when they were in town for Brewers On Deck and since they hail from California (Lohse), Florida (Fiers) and Georgia (Smith), they weren’t quite used to the snow and cold. Also, Will and Kyle weren’t wearing the ideal footwear for the task…. but it all worked out!
We had a special frame built to hold a piece of plexiglass, placed our GoPro behind it, made a bunch of snowballs and let ‘em have it.
Then, they let me have it:
….and I was caught off guard because I was too busy shooting additional footage on my phone, such as this photo which captures what I believe to be precisely the moment they decided to hit me:
It was all in good fun though; we were able to produce some cool videos and give Brewers nation one more fun thing to build excitement and help pass the time until Opening Day.
And the good news is that these guys will be trading their snowballs for baseballs very soon. Pitchers and catchers report in just 9 days!
With a big snow storm dropping up to 10” on snow on us earlier this month and that pesky groundhog predicting six more weeks of winter, it is easy for us Wisconsinites to get a case of severe cabin fever.
But one sign that Old Man Winter is on his way out is the annual packing of the Brewers equipment truck for Spring Training.
What was once a simple job, is now an event that is the unofficial start to Spring Training and an event that has everyone thinking Brewers Baseball. Equipment Manager Jason Shawger and Manager of Team Travel and Clubhouse Operations Matt Smith and their staff have planned this day for months, working on inventory of equipment and organizing all the gear to make sure today’s pack goes without a hitch.
The truck is leaving Miller Park today, packed full with everything the Brewers will need to run the operation at Maryvale Baseball Park in Phoenix. Here are some more photos from today’s event:
Another thing on a lot of folks’ minds this year when thinking about Spring Training is Hank the Ballpark Pup. It’s been almost a year now since Hank first wandered into our Spring Training facility and changed our lives—and the lives of many other stray animals— forever.
Many people have been inquiring as to whether or not Hank will be making a return trip to Arizona this year. The answer is no, he will not.
However, in his place, Hank did send along a care package to his friends at the Arizona Humane Society. Those boxes were loaded onto the truck today as well:
The truck is scheduled to arrive in Phoenix on Sunday and will be unpacked Monday. Pitchers and catchers report to camp Friday, February 20 and the first official workout is Thursday, February 26. Soon enough, the pictures on this blog and the rest of our social media channels be showing Brewers players at camp, working out. Green grass and sunshine are just around the corner.
Enjoy this photo gallery from today’s event at Miller Park and keep thinking Spring!
Group ticket packages will go on sale to the general public for all home dates (except Opening Day) beginning tomorrow, Thursday, February 12 at 9 a.m. Group orders of 25 or more have prices starting as low as $9 per person for designated dates and can be ordered by calling the group sales department at 414-902-GRPS (4777).
Groups at Miller Park enjoy the advantage of locking in their seating locations before individual tickets go on sale to the general public on Saturday, February 28. Some of the benefits for group outings at Miller Park include name recognition on the Miller Park scoreboard, block seating in a preferred location, no per ticket handling fees and two Group Leader tickets to a future game.
The 2015 schedule features high-profile opponents making appearances at Miller Park such as the Kansas City Royals, Chicago Cubs, Los Angeles Dodgers and St. Louis Cardinals. Monday through Friday and select weekend games offer many ways to save on group tickets with prices starting at $9. The earlier a group purchases tickets, the more they save.
Prices for All-Inclusive Areas range from $39-$112 per person. These areas include the Miller Lite Deck, located just above the right field bleachers; the ATI Club, located on the field level giving you a player’s view of the action; the Gehl Club, which was named one of the top five luxury areas in all of baseball by Forbes Travel Guide; and the Dew Deck, featuring a 25-foot high climbing wall. In addition, for those fans looking to sample the All-Inclusive Areas they can now purchase the AIA Tour Package. For $299 fans will receive one game in each of the five All-Inclusive Areas for select dates. More details can be found at brewers.com/allin.
Also available are 20-person and 30-person Party Suites for single game rental, which offer open-air seating, a private lounge that features a wet bar and in-house flat panel HD televisions, as well as complete food and beverage service from DNC Sportservice.
Key large group days for 2015 are Weather Day (April 23 vs. Cincinnati), Little League Night (June 16 vs. Kansas City), Boy Scout Night (August 3 vs. San Diego), Girl Scout Night (July 31 vs. Chicago-NL) and American Legion Day (August 9 vs. St. Louis).
Groups can make a purchase by calling the Brewers group sales department at 414-902-GRPS (4777) or by visiting Brewers.com/groups, beginning at 9 a.m. this Thursday, February 12.
BREWERS RECEIVE NATIONAL SPORTS FORUM ADCHIEVEMENT OVERALL AWARD OF ADVERTISING EXCELLENCE FOR FOURTH YEAR IN A ROW
Greetings from Cincinnati, where I’m in town for the National Sports Forum, the largest annual cross gathering of the top sports marketing, sales, promotions and event entertainment executives from throughout the broad spectrum of teams and leagues, (i.e. MLB, NBA, NFL, NHL, MLS Minor Leagues, Racing, Colleges, etc.) in North America.
I’m pleased to tell you that today, we were selected as the recipient of the 2015 National Sports Forum ADchievement Overall Award of Excellence.
The NSF ADchievement Awards recognize the year’s most outstanding advertising campaigns in sports. The competition brings in hundreds of submissions from the top teams, agencies, leagues and collegiate athletics across the industry. This marks the fourth consecutive season that the Brewers have received this award.
In addition to the NSF ADchievement Overall Award of Excellence, the Milwaukee Brewers and Brewers Community Foundation were finalists in seven of eight categories, winning one of those categories: Best Social/Mobile Media.
We’re very honored to be the recipients of these awards, especially among the stiff competition from the best and brightest minds in the sports business. It is definitely a testament to our marketing team, so congrats to Teddy Werner, Kathy Schwab, Jeff Harding, Molly Arndt, Drew Alexander, Evan Entler and Brittany Luznicky for continuing to not only set, but raise the bar.
MILWAUKEE’S SMOKE SHACK AND HOLEY MOLEY, PLUS ENHANCED Wi-Fi ARE AMONG NEW ADDITIONS TO MILLER PARK IN 2015
Today, we announced plans for several new additions to Miller Park, including the arrival of local food favorites Smoke Shack and Holey Moley. Smoke Shack – a slow-smoked barbeque restaurant – will be located on Miller Park’s Plaza Pavilion, and Holey Moley – Milwaukee’s only craft doughnut shop – will be along the first base side of the Field Level concourse.
Additional upgrades at Miller Park include a Season Seat Holder Headquarters, a Loge Level Ticket and Guest Relations Kiosk, enhancements to the JCI Club Patio, new food options at concession stands and increased Wi-Fi connectivity throughout the ballpark. These projects are in addition to the Selig Experience, which was announced in December.
“Each year we look to bring new amenities to Miller Park to enhance the overall ballpark experience,” said Brewers Chief Operating Officer Rick Schlesinger. “We are excited to introduce new and unique dining options this year, along with a designated headquarters for season seat holders, improved connectivity and additional attractions for our fans. Combining these additions with the new Selig Experience, we are confident that the fan experience at Miller Park will continue to be among the best in all of sports.”
Details about the new additions and projects at Miller Park include the following:
- A slow-smoked barbeque restaurant, Smoke Shack will bring a selection of their menu to Miller Park, offering fans a variety of regional sauces to accompany their dry-rubbed barbeque that’s smoked to perfection. Smoke Shack will offer four options from their menu including three “sammiches” and an appetizer-style dish. The menu will also offer three sides to accompany the main selections. Menu items include Kansas City BBQ eggrolls, Smoked Chicken sammich, Carolina Pulled Pork sammich, BBQ Seitan sammich, and more. (For point of reference, Smoke Shack will be located next to AJ Bombers, which was new to Miller Park last season.)
Holey Moley Coffee and Doughnuts
- Holey Moley coffee and doughnuts offers a variety of craft doughnuts including cake, yeast raised, filled, fritters and more. A secret new specialty doughnut sandwich and Brewers-themed doughnuts will debut at the Miller Park location. Locally-roasted, freshly-brewed Hawthorne coffee will also be available.
Season Seat Holder Headquarters
- Located on the Field Level concourse along the first-base side, the Season Seat Holder Headquarters project involves the creation of a new 350-square-foot meeting area. Conveniently located for Season Seat Holders to meet their account executives face to face, the space will also serve as a distribution point for gifts and other items. The headquarters area will provide opportunities for all fans to inquire about the outstanding benefits involved in being a Brewers Season Seat Holder.
Loge Level Ticket and Guest Relations Kiosk
- The Brewers ticket office will be opening up a Loge Level Ticket and Guest Relations Kiosk during all home games for the 2015 season and beyond. The kiosk will supplement the Field Level ticket window by allowing fans to purchase tickets to future games while they attend home games. This kiosk will also be an aid for guest relations during the games, offering assistance to fans. The kiosk will be located on the Loge Level behind sections 221-222.
JCI Club Patio Enhancement
- The JCI Club Patio, which is located on the Club Level along the left-field line, will undergo a facelift for the 2015 season. Improvements include brand new tables and chairs on the patio as well as removing and re-facing countertops.
- Also new for 2015 will be several food options – created by Miller Park’s concessionaire, Delaware North, located in various concessions stands throughout the ballpark. In addition to the standard ballpark fare and other creative returning offerings, Delaware North will unveil items for 2015 such as bratchos (see below), bacon on a stick, Italian rope sausage, street tacos, and loaded tater tots, just to name a few. Bratchos is an epic combination of Klement’s sausages, kettle chips, cheese, fried sauerkraut, jalapenos and sour cream, all served in a cool Klement’s Racing Sausage bucket. In addition, baked potatoes will be featured in additional locations, with new topping options.
Increased Wi-Fi Connectivity
- Throughout the offseason, the Brewers IT department has worked to improve mobile connectivity throughout the stadium, allowing fans to access social media faster and connect with friends more easily. (NOTE: While Wi-Fi service is being significantly enhanced, there will still be limitations on capacity, especially during high-attendance games).
Selig Experience (opening mid-season)
- Previously announced, the “Selig Experience” will be located on Miller Park’s Loge Level in the left-field corner. A highlight of the attraction will be a multimedia presentation that tells the story of former Commissioner Allan H. (Bud) Selig’s role in saving Major League Baseball in Milwaukee, his successful efforts to bring the Brewers to the city, and his tireless efforts to promote and grow the game in his hometown.
- Miller Park already is known as a premier destination for baseball fans, and the Selig Experience will take that to the next level. It will serve as a year-round attraction, adding another extraordinary enhancement to the overall fan experience.
- The exhibition space totals approximately 1,400 square feet, and will include authentic artifacts from Selig’s tenure as the Brewers’ owner. It will celebrate the fans’ love of the game, as told through the story of the Brewers’ founder.
- The main multimedia show builds to a surprising 3D encounter with the Commissioner himself inside an authentic reproduction of Selig’s County Stadium office, using a technology found in only a handful of exhibits around the world. After the show, Milwaukee fans will also be delighted to take a sneak peek into Selig’s office.
Uihlein-Wilson Architects designed the Season Seat Holders Headquarters and Loge Level Ticket and Guest Relations Kiosk. Design work for Smoke Shack and Holey Moley was handled by Flux Design.
Brewers fans will want to tune in to Fox Sports Wisconsin tonight for the debut of “Brewers On Deck 2015,” a half-hour special with interviews and coverage of the event, which took place on January 25.
Here is a preview clip featuring Manager Ron Roenicke:
I’m told that other interviews to watch for include: Ryan Braun, Jonathan Lucroy, Carlos Gomez, Will Smith, Scooter Gennett and more–just another thing to help us bridge the gap between now and April 6!
The show will debut tonight at 10pm CT or immediately following Bucks Live postgame.
For more highlights from Brewers On Deck, check out our recap, here.