What’s New at Miller Park? How About an Authentic Ice Cream Truck and “Kids Eat Free” on Sundays
Today we announced plans for several new additions at and around Miller Park this season. Among the additions, the Brewers will unveil an old-school “Brewers Treat Truck” sponsored by Meijer – an authentic ice cream truck which will visit local neighborhoods and Brewers tailgaters to provide free ice cream from Meijer all summer long.
“We have had a great partnership with the Milwaukee Brewers the past two seasons, and are very excited to watch it grow by sponsoring the Treat Truck, and supplying it with ice cream from Meijer,” said Cathy Cooper, senior director of community partnerships and giving for Meijer. “This is another fun way to connect with the Milwaukee community.”
Also, at every Sunday home game at Miller Park, all kids (14 and under) will eat free! Each child will receive a voucher for a free meal that consists of a hot dog, apple slices and a bottle of water.
More improvements at Miller Park will include an enhanced U.S. Cellular Power Playground kids’ area, a renovated Home Plate Team Store and a new Executive Suite for hosting meetings and entertaining at games.
“Miller Park has frequently been at the top of media and fan polls for the best ballpark experience, but we know that we have to remain ahead of the curve to retain that standing,” said Brewers Chief Operating Officer Rick Schlesinger. “This year, we have several fun and innovative initiatives that will enhance Miller Park’s standing as not only a great place for a ballgame, but also the best place to enjoy a summer outing with family and friends.”
Details about the new additions and projects include the following:
Brewers Ice Cream “Treat Truck” sponsored by Meijer
- The Meijer-sponsored Brewers Treat Truck will visit Milwaukee-area neighborhoods, special events, Brewers tailgate parties and youth clubs throughout the summer. Set to make its public debut early in the season, ice cream from Meijer will be distributed by the drivers free of charge. Wrapped in Brewers retro colors, the summer stops will include guest appearances by Brewers players throughout the season. This is an authentic, old-school ice cream truck, complete with a loudspeaker (to play baseball-themed music) to announce its arrival on your home street, just like the trucks that have spent years traveling through Milwaukee neighborhoods to provide refreshments on hot summer days.
Kids Eat Free during Sunday Home Games
- What’s better than a Klement’s hot dog on a beautiful Sunday afternoon at Miller Park? How about a FREE Klement’s hot dog? At every Sunday home game this season, all kids (14 and under) will receive a voucher for a free meal, which includes a hot dog, apple slices and a bottle of water.
U.S. Cellular Power Playground Kids’ Area
- Debuting in 2008, the U.S. Cellular Power Playground, which is located on the Field Level along the right-field line, includes over 8,000 square feet of interactive games and photo opportunities. In 2016, this kids’ area will undergo the largest renovation project since its inception. The project calls for the addition of three new interactive attractions to the space. “Throw ’Em Out”, “Strike Zone” and “Hit ’Em Where They Ain’t” will be games emphasizing throwing and hitting skills. A fourth attraction will be a photo opportunity, allowing fans to get their picture taken in a replica Brewers dugout. Through technology provided by U.S. Cellular, fans can have Brewers players and mascots virtually added to their pictures.
- Located on the PNC Club Level, the Executive Suite is the newest luxury meeting facility at Miller Park. The Executive Suite features meeting space for up to 30 guests including premier audio/visual equipment and a spectacular view of the playing field. On game days the Executive Suite quickly converts from a board room to a premium suite with seating, amenities, and food and beverages. Monday through Thursday rentals include five hours of pre-game meeting space, as well as an exclusive VIP viewing of The Selig Experience between the meeting and start of the game. Rental of the Executive Suite also includes a choice between two food and beverage packages as well as four preferred parking passes. Please call the Brewers Suite Sales Office at (414) 902-4029 to reserve the Executive Suite for a game. For information on hosting a non-game day private event in the Executive Suite, please call Brewers Special Events at (414) 902-4452.
Renovated Home Plate Team Store
- The Home Plate Team Store will undergo a renovation project prior to the start of the season. As part of the remodeling, a new hat wall will be added and additional points of sale to allow fans to shop more efficiently.
All of these new initiatives will be ready for action at a Media Preview event to be held in late March at Miller Park.