2014 Miller Park Preview
Earlier this year, we announced plans for several new additions to Miller Park in 2014 and, today, with just five days left before the #BrewersOpener, we were ready to show some of them off.
Here’s something we are both personally psyched about: the arrival of AJ Bombers. The popular restaurant and bar – with locations in Milwaukee and Madison – will occupy the outside space formerly known as the Plaza Pavilion, along the west side of Miller Park near the right-field gate.
AJ Bombers will offer cheeseburgers, egg rolls, tater tots, shakes, custards, specialty concrete mixers and more. The menu will also include homestand specials, such as city-themed burgers as well as player-favorite burgers. Stay tuned to the blog as we will continue to update the new menu items AJ Bombers will rotate in throughout the season.
To start off the season (beginning at this weekend’s Exhibition Games), AJ Bomber’s special custard concrete concoction is “Bernie’s Concrete: The Cracker Jack.” It’s custard mixed with beer, caramel, salted peanuts and caramel corn—and it’s delicious. Here’s Bernie, enjoying his tasty treat:
Brewers Authentics Kiosk
- A new custom portable millwork display for the Brewers Authentics Collection (game-used items) has been added along the first base side of the Field Level concourse behind the Klement’s Grand Slam Grill. Follow @MILAuthentics on Twitter for updates on the latest game-used merchandise available!
- This is a great place to get that unique gift idea. Did the Brewers play on a date that is special to you? Wedding day? Birthday? Anniversary? First ever game? You can purchase game-used items from that day at this location.
Brewers Team Store by Majestic Expansion:
- The Brewers Team Store by Majestic, located in Miller Park’s Hot Corner, underwent a 300-square foot expansion which accommodates a larger footprint for “Brewed for Her” merchandise and apparel.
- In addition to the new AJ Bombers fare, here are some new pizzas & wraps fans can expect to see at Miller Park this season. Stay tuned to the blog for “What John & Cait Ate” concession reviews on these items and more all season long!
Earlier this month, we told you that TGI Friday’s at Miller Park was undergoing renovations. It’s now complete and looks great! The newly-redesigned Fridays has a fun, energetic vibe with a dramatically redesigned bar.
Toyota Territory Redevelopment
- The Toyota Territory in right-center field has undergone development from a private group amenity to a destination open to all fans in attendance at Miller Park. The renovated Toyota Territory has been converted from what was previously a 24-person private group space into an area capable of entertaining over 100 fans. At 1,493 square feet, the Toyota Territory will offer a unique view to take in a game.
Other new additions to look forward to in 2014 include the following:
- Unlike the statues that surround Miller Park’s Home Plate Plaza, the new Bob Uecker statue will be in the last row of the Terrace Level at Miller Park. The statue will pay tribute to the popular Miller Lite “All Stars” ad campaign which featured Uecker’s famous tagline, “I must be in the front row.” The statue will sit atop the Uecker Seats in Miller Park’s Terrace Level (Section 422), and will feature an open seat next to it, allowing for a perfect photo opportunity. The statue was designed by Brian Maughan, the artist of the four statues outside Miller Park on the Home Plate Plaza.The Uecker Statue will be unveiled on April 25.
- The “Brewers Wall of Honor” will commemorate Milwaukee Brewers players, coaches and executives who played prominent roles with the organization. The Wall of Honor will be a permanent exhibit on an exterior Miller Park wall adjacent to the Hot Corner entrance. Honorees will be recognized with a bronze plaque affixed to the wall, with their image and a brief synopsis of their Milwaukee baseball career etched onto the marker. The plaques are designed by Matthews International, designers of the plaques for the National Baseball Hall of Fame.The Wall will be unveiled in June.
East Lot Tailgate Pavilions
- The East Lot Tailgate Pavilions have been refurbished with new wood fascia and signage.
- Three flag poles (one 25-foot flag pole and two 20-foot flag poles) have been installed on the landing behind Section 238, which is located beyond the left-center field wall. The American flag will fly on the 25-foot flag pole, while the Wisconsin State flag and a Brewers flag will fly on the 20-foot flag poles.
- The Miller Park scoreboard is the same, but detail-orientated fans might see some cosmetic differences with the in-game graphics. Here is a sneak peak of how the board will look during a game.
- Approximately 150 flat screen televisions have been installed throughout the Miller Park concourses, replacing existing CRT televisions, to provide fans with the HD feed of the game.
Also on the construction front, the home clubhouse underwent some minor renovations, including the addition of three lockers in the coaches’ locker room and an expansion of the players’ dining room area. Other improvements to Miller Park include updates to the executive office lobby, new flooring in the Brewers Team Store at the Home Plate Gate, the addition of grow lights throughout Miller Park and the installation of a fire suppression system in the scoreboard control room and IT server room. In addition, the infield and outfield playing surface was replaced with new sod in October.
The Toyota Territory, Brewers Team Store by Majestic expansion and Authentics Collection kiosk was designed by Uihlein-Wilson Architects. Design work for AJ Bombers was handled by Flux Design.
- John & Cait